Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The phone call

When I got the phone call that Madison was chosen as the Chamion for 2010 I was ecstatic! I could not believe that my sweet girl had been recognized in such a way! Of course, I knew that she was amazing... but I was overwhelmed at the thought of being a part of such a group.

About 30 seconds later, I admitted to Nicole (our friend at CMN that called) that I didn't know that this program even existed. I needed more information! So she told me about the program and the travels involved. As soon as I heard her say "DC" I lost my breath. And then Disneyworld... I knew Madison would lose her breath over that one.

I knew that I couldn't mention any of this to Madison. Since I was next door to my church I parked and let her visit with the staff while I used their phone to get more information from Nicole.

One of the hardest things for me is keeping it a secret from Madison. I am not good at that- we are very open with her and keep very few secrets from her, just as we expect from her. But I knew that this was a secret I would have to keep- if nothing else, to keep her from asking me 'when are we going?' a 100 times a day!

So we will wait patiently until the big announcement. I am not sure how I am going to get her there or what I am going to tell her. I know that if we tell her it is a fundraiser for the hospital she will quickly agree... she loves raising money for 'the sick babies'.

I hope that our friends will be able to join us in congratulating Madison and help her on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment